Flesh Tones Aftercare
Nostril and Septum
Flesh Tones Phone (618) 251-4842
Daily Care Routine
Do not touch your piercing unless you are cleaning it. Unwashed hands carry bacteria and your piercing is a point where these bacteria can penetrate below your skin and cause an infection.
While healing your piercing will need to be cleaned three times daily.
Cleaning more often than this will harm your piercing.
You will need to use an antibacterial soap that contains either chloroxylenol or triclosan.
The step-by-step procedure is:
1. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
2. Wet the piercing with plain water.
3. Put a few drops of antibacterial soap on the piercing and work them into a lather with a cotton bud.
4. Try to loosen any crusted discharge and float it off the jewelry and your skin with a Qtip.
1. Leave the antibacterial soap on the piercing for two minutes while rotating the jewelry back and forth, allowing the disinfectant to penetrate the piercing.
2. Rinse with water and air dry thoroughly. Do not dry with a towel, which may carry bacteria.
3. If you are concerned that your piercing may have become infected contact your doctor or your piercer immediately